The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD
Our CAD Software use DWG as their native file format. You can open and modify drawings created by AutoCAD and vice-versa without any import or export.
Similar Look & Feel
4MCAD offers a very friendly environment for professionals knowing how to use AutoCAD.
High Value for the Price
With 4MCAD you get an advanced CAD Software with similar performance level but for only a fraction of the price.
Unrivaled Compatibility with AutoCAD
> See that video showing the CAD features and the drawing environment of 4MCAD
4MCAD Features & Highlights
What's new in 4MCAD23
- Redeveloped on top of the latest ICAD10.1a engine
- Significant advantages by using the new ODA libraries (SDKs v.2021.11)
- 64bit power engine with best performances on any level
- Option for cloud-based multi-licensing
- Enhanced interface with new features concerning the dialog boxes, the status bar, the drawing window and others
- New contextual menu enhancements for arrays, tables, multiline text and others.
- Significantly faster while selecting entities (up to 7 times)
- Two times faster while handling grips & snaps, regenerating large drawings and switching layouts.
- Completely re-engineered OpenGL graphics engine for even higher performance.
- New options for Importing a) map files (.shp, .sdf, sqlite), b) pdf files with multiple options, and c) point data from .csv & .txt files.
- Placement of an Excel® file as a table in the drawing.
- Compatibility with Revit® 2021 files
New features and capabilities
- New features regarding the insertion of dynamic blocks
- Support of 3Dconnexion input devices
- Enhanced layer management (i.e. “Layer Previous” command to reverse changes made to layer settings, restore a layer state, apply more options to layer filters etc)
- New options while selecting and/or modifying entities (i.e. for moving selected entities, specifying additional grips for blocks, use of new Rectangular Array, Polar Array, Path Array and Edit Array commands)
- New commands for group entities (i.e. Quick Group, Group Edit and Ungroup).
- New options for Tables (data, formulas and fields in table cells, linked data from an .xls file, assignment of table styles and others)
- New capabilities regarding Text (i.e. tabs for multiline text
- Enhanced printing and publishing commands
- Digital Signature for dwg files
4MCAD23: Summary of Features
DWG format full compatibility
- Native .dwg file support
- Read/Write to Autocad format
Interoperability – working with files
- Import IFC files (4MCAD PRO)
- PDF to CAD conversion -DWG file (4MCAD PRO)
- Import Revit files (RFA and RVT format files) (4MCAD PRO)
- Import/Export IGES format files (4MCAD PRO)
- Import/Export STEP format files (4MCAD PRO)
- Import/Export ACIS 3D Solids *.sat
- Working with point clouds – attaching point cloud .rcp/.rcs files
- Import 3D Collada *.dae
- 3D PDF Export
- Export - 2D/3D *.pdf, *.svg, *,dwf, *.bmp, *.emf, *.wmf, *.dwf & *.stl file extensions
- Open/Save - *.dwg, *.dxf, *,dwf, *.dxb & *.dwt file extensions
BIM entities/objects (4MCAD PRO)
- ADT Objects (architectural desktop objects): Creates ADT walls, openings (windows, doors), curtain walls, stairs, ramps, roofs, rails, studs, joists etc
- Conversion of entities to walls and slabs.
- Steel Elements: creates steelwork elements: profiles, plates, bolts, studs, joists etc.
- Wood Elements: creates woodwork elements.
- Creation of elevation lines and section lines.
3D Solid Modelling (4MCAD PRO)
- Conversion of entities to three-dimensional meshes or surfaces using the Convert to Mesh and Convert to Surface commands.
- Facet Modeler to draw these 3D entity types: box (FMBOX), cone (FMCONE), cylinder (FMCYLINDER), pyramid (FMPYRAMID), sphere (FMSPHERE), and torus (FMTORUS).
- Draw construction lines using the new Construction Line command.
- FM3DCONVERT and FMEXTRUDE commands to convert more types of three-dimensional entities to other types of three-dimensional entities.
- Editing of the 3D entities of the new Facet Modeler: 3D convert (FM3DCONVERT), extrude (FMEXTRUDE), intersect (FMINTERSECT), revolve (FMREVOLVE), subtract (FMSUBTRACT), and union (FMUNION)
- Tool Palette (acad-like Tool Palette)
- Ribbon menus & menu bar interface, both together at the same time.
- Α number of facilities and auxiliary tools such as Quick CUI command, Right-click a drawing tab to see options for the tab, Cursor Types (regular, gunsightand XOR when overlapping a same color area), “Save Workspace” command for saving a workspace and its settings, “Close All Others” command to close all drawing windows except the current one and many others.
Blocks and External references
- Insertion of Dynamic blocks
- Convert Block to XRef to convert each occurrence of a selected block to an external reference.
- Find and replace blocks (4MCAD Standard & 4MCAD PRO)
- Block Library with up to 1000 blocks (4MCAD PRO)
- Block Library Manager (4MCAD PRO)
Selecting and modifying entities
- Selection Filter command to display the Selection Filter pane (allowing to filter and select entities by layer, color, entity type, and linetype).
- Selection Cycling tab to specify how to select when selecting entities that overlap.
- Overkill command to delete or combine duplicate or overlapping entities.
- View and select a range of actions on the Undo/Redo toolbar
- Thicken command to convert surfaces and meshes into three-dimensional solids with a specified thickness (4MCAD PRO).
- Additional grips and properties to polygons, rectangles and break lines, for smart editing.
- Advanced Photo-realistic 3D Rendering (4MCAD Standard & 4MCAD PRO)
- Raster Image Support (4MCAD Standard & 4MCAD PRO)
- Graphical Block Preview
- CAMERA command to create and modify view settings for a drawing
- Work with multiline text using right-to-left fonts.
- Create additional types of lists for multiline text.
- Resize text using the Scale Text command.
- Draw a circle, rectangle, or dashed line around text using the Enclose Text with Shape command.
- Position text within a defined space using the Text Fit command.
- Export Layout to Model (.dwg)
- Publish drawings to DWF and DWFx.
- 3D Printing files
- Auto Publish command to automatically create electronic files (.dwf/.pdf) from the current drawing.
- Microsoft .NET 4.5 API - .NET wrappers for architectural objects.
- Load IRX applications automatically in IntelliCAD via the registry.
- Autodesk® Development System (ADS) support
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications - VBA 7.1 (4MCAD PRO)
- LISP support (including DCL)
- High performance when snapping to .pdf files, blocks with many nested entities and point clouds.
- Zoom and Pan, extremely fast for clipped external references.
- Opening external reference files much faster.
- Enhanced performance when selecting by window.
- Incremental saving of .dwg files is supported, providing much faster saving of large .dwg files that contain only a few changes.
4MCAD is available in four versions:
4MCAD Viewer: CAD Viewing & Printing
4MCAD Classic: 2D/3D CAD Complete Design (lowest price/highest value for the 2D designers)
4MCAD Standard: 4MCAD Classic + Raster Image + Rendering
4MCAD PRO (Professional): 4MCAD Standard + Files (BIM/IFC, STEP, IGES, Revit-RFA/RVT, +PDF2DWG) + ADT Objects (Conventional/Steel/Wood) + 3D Solids + VBA support + Library Manager
4MCAD PRO and 4MCAD Standard are also available in HK (hardlock key) and CK (cloud key) licenses.
More specifically here are all the three different types of licenses:
1. Software Key License
- A unique serial number will be provided for Software activation over internet
- License can be transferred to some other computer using "Deactivate" button in Startup Wizzard
- There is no limit on number of License Transfers
- Internet connection needed during activation and deactivation
- One license will work only in computer at a given point of time
- Need to connect user computer to Internet after 30 days offline
2. Cloud Key License
- A unique serial number will be provided for Software use
- License is controlled by 4M Cloud License Server
- One License will work in any one computer over internet at a given point of time
- No need of activation or deactivation
- Install software in any computer, give the Serial Number, and use it
- Once you exit 4MCAD, license will be transferred back to cloud server automatically
- License can be used in any global location
- This method is ideal for changing work locations
- Internet connection is needed always in client computer for License Communication
3. Hardlock Key License
- USB Dongle and a serial number will be sent physically to client
- Install software in any Windows based computer, connect USB dongle, give the Serial Number and use the software
- Dongle can be shifted to any computer and no need to uninstall/reinstall the software
- No need to contact us even if the computer is formatted or crashed
- No need of internet or LAN connection
- If USB dongle is damaged, a new USB dongle can be purchased. But if dongle is lost, client needs to buy new license
4MCAD can be used on a wide range of areas
See below some examples of what you can do with 4MCAD